Inkscape is an Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, Freehand, CorelDraw, or Xara X using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format.
FEATURES PEOPLE LIKE MOST
- Supported SVG features include shapes, paths, text, markers, clones, alpha blending, transforms, gradients, patterns, and grouping. Inkscape also supports Creative Commons meta-data, node editing, layers, complex path operations, bitmap tracing, text-on-path, flowed text, direct XML editing, and more.
- It imports formats such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and others and exports PNG as well as multiple vector-based formats.
- Measure tool
- Type design features
- Symbol library and support for Visio stencils
- Cross platform WMF and EMF import and export
- Improved support for Corel DRAW documents, Visio importer
- Support for real world document and page size units, e.g., millimeters
- Numerous usability improvements
Just try it! Explore the secret to optimizing your Mac with very simple and intuitive steps.