Welcome to Scribus, a page layout program for Linux, FreeBSD, PC-BSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, OpenIndiana, Debian GNU/Hurd, Mac OS X, OS/2 Warp 4, eComStation, Haiku and Windows.
FEATURES PEOPLE LIKE MOST
- Scribus is an Open-Source program that brings award-winning professional page layout to Linux/Unix, OS X, and Windows desktops with a combination of “press-ready” output and new approaches to page layout. Underneath the modern and user-friendly interface,
- Scribus supports professional publishing features such as CMYK color, separations, ICC color management, and versatile PDF creation. Scribus/Aqua is a port of Scribus to a native Aqua build using Qt Free for OS X.
- Scribus is now being shipped with the most recent version of Barcode Writer in Pure PostScript.
- Updates to the Scripter that enable more control on PDF export. There is also a new command in Scripter, applyMasterPage(), which allows you to apply an existing Master Page.
- Updates to the Resene color palettes, including, for the first time, The Resene Total Colour System (TCS) Master Palette.
- Many translation updates and improvements.
- Usability improvements.
- Better application icons.
- New templates.
- The OS X application bundle is now code signed (version 1 code signing, due to the OS X 10.5 Leopard build), and now contains the path tools for mesh distortion again.
Just try it! Explore the secret to optimizing your Mac with very simple and intuitive steps.